Lyon is one of the best metropolitan areas in France that you need to visit. The town is third largest in France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps area. The city is known for its historic and cultural heritage. A number of its buildings and galleries have been listed in world heritage site listing of UNESCO.
Some of the best locations to visit as well as explore in Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Church: This church is dedicated to St. John and St. Stephen. It was built during Twelfth and the 13th century. The earliest parts of the church have finally been shut for hopes and are stored for the community display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the stunning courtyards that were built during the time of renaissance in the Roman style of structures.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is actually the oldest theater in France and it was started in 11th century AD. There's a great respect and value for it amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that is made in the actual English type of architecture. The park was built throughout the 19th century and is one of the biggest and many beautiful urban parks associated with France. It is a good way for family excursions and other recreational activities. The main highlights of the recreation area include a big greenhouse, botanical garden and a rose backyard. Recently African Flatlands have also been added where the animals can roam freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house had been started in 1826 and it was later reopened in 1993. The place has hosted many opera performances and dance exhibits. The cup ceiling from the building is to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Grand Lyon: This is another fascinating attraction. The aquarium is located around the outskirts from the city and it has a bit of amusement for almost everybody. There are a number of types of fish and other aquatic life varieties have been stored here. Many informative classes and slideshows will also be organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: This is an ideal place for the dance lovers. This theater has been dedicated to dancing where you can discover various type of dance. There's a museum also is situated in the actual vicinity of the identical building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is among the largest retail center in France. The actual mall has got the presence of almost all the major brands in the world. But avoid this place on Sundays as it can get crowded.
Lyon is one of the best places in France to see and explore restaurants à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the best means to reach Paris and then you can take either TGV train or even bus in order to Lyon.
Lyon, the cooking capital of France, which is the third largest city and second largest metropolitan region in France. This particular city is known for its tradition and 2000 year-old history. This city was founded by the Romans and a history city because recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city is situated between Paris and Marseille and 470 km from Paris. You are able to reach there from Geneva which is just 170 km aside. It is located in East of France between two rivers called as Rhone as well as Saone. The people living there are known as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' environment and weather conditions are nice to visit in the 30 days of Sept and Oct.